Description of the project
The project comprises a storage shed (flat store) for the storage of 60,000 m3 agribulk projects including a material handling system consisting of the following elements:
- a new hopper on existing pier – for receipt of agribulk from barges up to Panamax size bulkcarriers using floating cranes;
- a new travelling hopper including batch weigher on a new pier – for receipt of agribulk from Panamax size bulk carriers using floating cranes; dispatch to land-based conveying system or directly into barges or coasters using a loading spout attached to the hopper;
- an intake conveying system with tripper car to distribute the agribulk over the various shed compartments;
- a wheel loader for reclaiming of the agribulk material from the stockpiles, to be discharged into two hoppers or directly into trucks;
- an outtake conveying system, connected to a train loading station and waterside pier for loading of barges and coasters.
The material handling system is controlled by a modern PLC/SCADA system and is furthermore equipped with dedusting units and weighing facilities.